It is our passion for giving pets the healthiest life possible that has driven us to design and create our Grandma Lucy’s products since 1999. Every pet, regardless of where or how they live, deserve a healthy life. We would love for you to join us in our mission to give back to pets in need while spreading a little kindness along the way. For every Random Act of Kindness (or RAK) you do benefiting pets, Grandma Lucy’s will be donating a pound of food to a charity, rescue or shelter. Whether it is leaving some extra balls at your local dog park for others to play with or collecting some warm blankets for a shelter near your house, you will be making other pets day while earning food for those that may otherwise go without a healthy meal. You are the driving force and we look forward working with you to spread kindness and the best possible nutrition to special pets across the country.
For every Random Act of Kindness (RAK) you do benefiting pets, we will be donating a pound of food to a charity, rescue or shelter.
- Complete a pet-related Random Act of Kindness.
- Post and share your RAK on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ProjectPetRAK, tag us @grandmalucys and tag one of the four charities of the month (so we know who you are working to help).
- That’s it! For each person’s RAK, a pound of food will be donated to one of our selected charity groups. **
- Buy a dog treat for the person behind you in line at your local pet store and hope they return the favor to the person behind them
- Bring extra water to your dog park on a hot day to share with others
- Donate blankets or towels to your local pet shelter
- Leave a small treat on your neighbor’s doorstep for their pet to enjoy
- Play catch with an elderly friend or neighbor’s dog
- Have your scout troop make braided, fleece dog toys for a dog rescue group
- Have a ball drive at your office and collect tennis balls for a shelter of your choice
- Leave some balls at your local dog park for others to enjoy
- Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog one day while they are at work
- Be sure to follow @GrandmaLucys on Instagram for more RAK ideas. The possibilities are endless!
If you have a favorite pet charity, rescue group or animal shelter you would like to see as the Pet Project RAK of the month recipient, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a new charity announced each week and they will be able to receive up to 350 pounds of food for the months’ worth of Pet RAKs. Each charity will eligible to earn Project Pet RAK food for 30 days after their announcement on our social media page. Once announced, be sure to tag them in your post so they are sure to get you Pet RAK food!