Since the start of Grandma Lucy’s in 1999, it has been our passion to provide pets the healthiest life possible. ProjectPetRAK, which is short for Random Acts of Kindness, is our charitable initiative that allows us to give back to animal communities across the nation. Each month, we partner with a different 501 (c)(3) rescue, shelter, or charity to promote kindness to animals and facilitate donations through Grandma Lucy’s. Our hope is to provide healthy products to all pets, regardless of where they call home!
Each month Grandma Lucy’s will be partnering with a different organization to raise awareness and provide meal donations to help the animals within the organization, whether it is a rescue, shelter, or charity.
We will be raising meal donations through Instagram and Facebook. Please check @grandmalucys on either social media platform to find out who we have partnered with for the month! You will be able to help raise donations be sharing our post featuring the organization or going directly to their page and sharing any of their posts. Be sure to tag both @granmdlaucys and the organization we have partnered with for that month. Every time the post is shared Grandma Lucys will donate one meal. Our goal is to donate 250 meals each month!
More Ways to Help
ProjectPetRAK is any random act of kindness towards animal. This can be as small as taking your neighbor’s dog for a walk when they are unable too or donating blankets to your local shelter. Just take a picture doing a random act of kindness towards animals, tag @grandmalucys and we will donate an additional meal to the organization of the month.
Random Acts of Kindness come in different forms! Many of the things that volunteers do on a daily basis are perfect examples of RAKS!
- You can walk a rescue dog or neighbor’s dog
- Bathe a rescue or neighbor’s dog
- Help coordinate a rescue event
- Help someone with their pet
- Donate to a rescue
- Help an animal in need
- Foster a pup
- Teach your friends about healthier pet diets
- Buy a dog treat for the person behind you in line at your local pet store and hope they return the favor to the person behind them
- Bring extra water to your dog park on a hot day to share with others
- Donate blankets or towels to your local pet shelter
- Leave a small treat on your neighbor’s doorstep for their pet to enjoy
- Play catch with an elderly friend or neighbor’s dog
- Have your scout troop make braided, fleece dog toys for a dog rescue group
- Have a ball drive at your office and collect tennis balls for a shelter of your choice
- Leave some balls at your local dog park for others to enjoy
- Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog one day while they are at work
- The possibilities are endless!
If you would like to partner with us in the future, please email projectPetRAK@grandmalucys.com and tell us about your rescue, charity, or shelter. We would love to hear from you and are excited to learn about other organizations out there that are working to provide happy and healthy lives for as many animals as they can!