New to the Family
Welcome to Grandma Lucy's Quick Reference Guide! Below you will find some of our most useful educational assets including Monthly Updates, Food Line Breakdowns, Transition Schedules, and Feeding Instructions. Thank you for joining the Grandma Lucy's Family!
THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR FOOD LINES
At Grandma Lucy's, we believe that a healthy pet starts with healthy food. A remedy to many common ailments can be found by simply changing a pet's diet. We strive to improve pets' lives through solution-based feeding. Our 4 fan-favorite food lines each have their own unique recipes and benefits that could be just the solution! See more below:
HOW TO USE
TIPS TO TRANSITION YOUR PET TO A FREEZE-DRIED DIET
- When transitioning, keep their meal-time routine the same. Use the same bowl or keep the same time of day.
- Pets may transition faster if protein and some of the ingredients in their new food are similar to their old food.
- Play with the water! You can change the temperature of the water or the amount of water you use. Keep an eye on your dog’s appetite, behavior, and stool quality to make sure transition is going smoothly. If not, simply slow down the transition time with how much you are giving of the new food with each meal.
- Slow down process if your pup experiences any gastrointestinal signs. If they do, you can also use Grandma Lucy’s Simple Replacement to get them back on track. When their stools return to normal, slowly start the transitioning again.
- Make sure both foods are thoroughly mixed together.
- If your pet does not have a sensitive stomach, the transition times may be shortened. Are you out of their old food and don’t want to buy another whole bag? Try using Grandma Lucy’s Simple Replacement as their “old food” when adding small amounts of the new food.
- Below are transitioning schedules but you know your pet best so let them be your guide!
From a Different Freeze-Dried or Dehydrated Food:
- Day 1 – Mix ¼ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¾ of their old food
- Day 2 – Mix ½ of Grandma Lucy’s with ½ of their old food
- Day 3 – Mix ¾ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¼ of their old food
- Days 1 through 2 – Mix ¼ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¾ of their old food
- Days 3 through 4 – Mix ½ of Grandma Lucy’s with ½ of their old food
- Days 5 through 6 – Mix ¾ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¼ of their old food
- Days 1 through 3 – Mix ¼ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¾ of their old food
- Days 4 through 6 – Mix ½ of Grandma Lucy’s with ½ of their old food
- Days 7 through 9 – Mix ¾ of Grandma Lucy’s with ¼ of their old food