Let's Make Blueberry Pup Tarts!
Hi! Welcome to Lucy's Kitchen! 🐶
These delicious pastries are some of our favorite childhood snacks. Why not make a dog-friendly version and give our favorite furry friends something to bark about!
Let's make Blueberry Pup Tarts featuring Macanna Pre-Mix. You can customize the filling of your Pup Tart but always ensure the ingredients you're using are dog-safe. If you try out this delicious recipe be sure to tag us @grandmalucys.
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Grandma Lucy's Macanna Pre- Mix
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (unsweetened) applesauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- Plain (unsweetened) greek yogurt
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of Macanna Pre-Mix
- swirl of blueberry jam
- baby spinach
- Pour blueberries in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add a tbsp of water if needed.
- Heat over the stovetop for 15 mins mashing the blueberries to make a jam.
- Remove from heat. Place in bowl. Place in the freezer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, applesauce and water in a bowl. Stir until dough is formed.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out your dough to make two sheets. (dough will be sticky. Feel free to use as much flour as you roll out the dough).
- Grab your homemade blueberry jam out of the freezer and spoon small dollops onto one side of the dough. Be mindful of your spacing.
- Once you have added your blueberry jam, carefully lay the other sheet of dough on top, using your fingers to press them together.
- Cut the pup tarts with a knife or pizza cutter.
- With a fork, make impressions around the perimeter of the pup tart.
- Be sure to poke a hole or cut a small slit to ventilate. (if this step is skipped, they might explode).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20mins.
- Remove, let cool.
- Decorate with greek yogurt and other toppings.
- Give to your pup in small amounts.
From Grandma Lucy's With Love! ❤️
Recipe Reel on Instagram: