Let's Make Chicken Pot Pie!
Hi! Welcome to Lucy's Kitchen! 🐶
Here is a chicken pot pie for dogs made with love and care just like grandma used to make. Using our single-ingredient chicken treats as the flavorful base and complementing it with the wholesome goodness of 3 Bears crust, this home cooked treat is bound to make tails wag with excitement. This delightful pot pie combines the delicious taste of our freeze-dried chicken treats with the nourishing blend of 3 Bears dog food, creating a meal that's not only irresistible but also packed with essential nutrients. Treat your loyal friend to a culinary adventure that mirrors the love and warmth of a home-cooked meal. After all, our four-legged friends deserve nothing but the best!
Chicken Pot Pie Crust
- 1 cup Grandma Lucy's 3 Bears Chicken (blended into Oat Flour)
- 1 tablespoon butter cold
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg using as egg wash for crust
Chicken Pot Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup Single-ingredient, Freeze-Dried Chicken Treats
- ½ cup frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoon oat flour
- Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a food processor to finely ground one cup of 3 Bears Chicken to make oat flour.
- Add cold butter into the food processor with the oat flour. Use the food processor and pulse several times to get the cold butter incorporated into the flour.
- Pour your mixture into a bowl and add 4 tablespoons of water. Kneed your mixture to get it into a dough texture.
- Place your dough onto a clean working space. Use a non-stick silicone baking mat to roll out dough . Lightly sprinkle and coat the baking mat with oat flour. Use a rolling pin to roll and flatten out your dough to be 1/4″ thick.
- Place your baking dish on top of the rolled out dough to trim out the shape of the pie crust. Score the top of the pie crust with, in the middle of the dough, so that steam can escape.
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet. Brush on a thin layer of egg. Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken pot pie crust is baking, we will make the chicken pot pie filling. In a large saucepan with the stove on medium heat, add frozen vegetables, Chicken treats, water and oat flour. Stir everything together and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Distribute the chicken pot pie filling evenly in your baking dish.
- Once your crust is done baking. Add the pie crust on top of each chicken pot pie filling bowls. Brush on another layer of egg wash onto the pie crust. Bake pie and additional for 10 minutes in the oven. Let the chicken pot pies cool before serving to your dogs.