What we used:
- 3” Wood circle ornaments: DIY Wooden Disk Christmas Tree Decorations, Holiday Craft Ornaments (3 In, 48 Pack)
- Gold paint or spray paint: Plaid, Classic Gold 6110 :Craft Liquid One Step Leafing Paint, 0.75-Ounce, 1 Pack
- Paint brushes: Rock Ridge Tools Variety Pack of Foam Sponge Wood Handle Paint Brush Set (Value Pack 10)
- 2 ½” Circle Punch: EK Tools Circle Paper Punch, 2.5-Inch, New Package
- Mod Podge: Mod Podge CS11303 Waterbase Sealer, Glue & Decoupage Finish, 32 oz, Matte
- String: Tenn Well Red and White Twine, 656 Feet 200m Cotton Bakers Twine Perfect for Baking, Butchers, Crafts and Christmas Gift Wrapping
- Paint Markers: Acrylic Paint Pens Paint Markers, Waterproof Permanent Paint Marker Pens for Rocks Painting, Ceramic, Glass, Wood, Fabric, Canvas, Mugs, DIY Craft Making Supplies, Work on Anything
We started by printing photos that some of our Lucy’s Crew members had emailed over. We chose to print the photos in black and white for a classic look to our ornaments. Then we used a 2 ½ inch circle cutter to cut each photo out. This size circle leaves just enough of a border because the ornament is 3 inches in diameter.
Next either spray or paint the wood ornaments with gold paint. We used spray paint and lightly sprayed each side of the ornament. We did this outside to lessen the smell from the spray paint.
After the paint is dry, tie a short piece of string onto each ornament. Make sure to leave enough room to hang your ornament on the tree.
The next step is to glue the circle photos on to the ornaments. We painted a light layer of Mod Podge across one side of the wood ornament and then laid the photo down leaving a small border of gold around the photo. We then painted another coat of Mod Podge across the entire ornament.
Lastly on the back of the ornament we wrote each name in paint markers. Let them dry and now you have one of a kind ornaments!
Merry Christmas from Grandma Lucy's!