Let's Make Doggy Donuts!
Hi! Welcome to Lucy's Kitchen! 🐶
DONUT worry about a thing! We have a delicious recipe you can cook up for your furry loved one!
We think your dog deserves a little treat! We all love to indulge occasionally so, why not put on an apron and whip up a batch of homemade donuts for you and your dog! That's right! This recipe is made with human-grade ingredients so it's safe for your dog AND you!
Something to take into consideration is that these delicious dog donuts are to be eaten in moderation and not in place of your dog's normal diet. Depending on the size of your pup, these donuts can be broken up into pieces to share with other furry friends or simply to cut in half and share with your dog!
We decided to top these delicious delights with crushed up Apple Organic Oven-Baked Treats. We have many other delicious flavors too. Feel free to get creative and top your pup's donuts with their favorite food/treats!
Be sure to tag us @grandmalucys
We would love to see your yummy donut creations!
Peanut Butter Glazed Sweet Potato Doggy Donuts Ft. Grandma Lucy's Organic Oven-Baked Treats!
- Donut Base:
- 1 cup (mashed) Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no xylitol)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Baking Powder*
- 1 cup Oat Flour*
- 1/2 cup Goat's Milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Crushed Organic Oven-Baked Dog Treats
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash your sweet potato and pat dry with a paper towel. With a fork, poke holes all around your sweet potato and rub with coconut oil. Line your baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or a silicone mat and place your oiled sweet potato on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 45-60 mins. (roasting times may vary depending on the size of your sweet potato.
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool slightly. Scoop out the sweet potato, place in bowl and mash with a fork. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Add Egg, mix again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk
- Mix until fully combined
- Add mixture to piping bag (for control) or spoon into greased donut pan
- Bake for 15 mins
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack
Peanut Butter Glaze:
- Add the peanut butter and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 30 second intervals, mixing in between until fully melted
- Dip donuts one at a time into the glaze to fully coat the top.
- Now is the time to add any topping so they stick to the glaze
- Allow glaze to cool and set
- Feed to your furry friend!
Recipe Reel on Instagram:
Storage Instructions: Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
*Don't have oat flour? Place oats into a blender/food processor and blend until you reach a flour-like consistency. You may also use coconut flour or whole wheat flour.
*Baking Powder is fine for dogs in small amounts.