Let's Make Moxie Crumble Muffins
Hi! Welcome to Lucy's Kitchen! 🐶
Looking for a fun and easy recipe to bake for your furry friend! This recipe is simple and call for ingredients you might already have in your pantry. This recipe is a take on a crumb cake muffin. The oat crumble topping is made with Grandma Lucy's Moxie Chicken Recipe. Try this delicious home-baked recipe for your pup that tastes just like grandma used to make it.
- 2/3 cup Grandma Lucy's 3 Bears Chicken recipe
- 2 tsp *baking powder
- 1/2 tsp *baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup *coconut flour
- 1/2 cup *coconut flour
- 3/4 cup *oats
- 1/4 cup Grandma Lucy's Moxie Chicken recipe
- 6 Tbsp of coconut oil (solid form, not melted)
*you may substitute coconut flour for oat, or whole wheat flour.
*oats can be substituted for Grandma Lucy's 3 Bears Chicken recipe.
*baking powder and baking soda are okay for dog's to consume in small amounts, (always consult your pet's vet or nutritionist when including a new item into their diet).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combined all the ingredients in the base, except the flour.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, begin incorporating the flour in two batches, stirring in between. Batter will be thick.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Use a ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop the batter into the cupcake tin.
- Should make about 9-12 muffins depending on your scoop.
- In another bowl, combine the crumble topping ingredients and with a fork or pastry cutter, begin to mix until the crumble is the texture of course wet sand.
- Top about a tablespoon of crumble on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Serve to your dog sparingly. Enjoy!