The Benefits of Turmeric in a Dog's Diet
It turns out that our pets can also benefit from this natural superfood in similar ways as humans.
Turmeric was originated in India, where it was regarded for its medicinal and flavorful properties. Preliminary studies have shown that the curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that aids in digestion, among other health benefits such as:
- Maintaining pain associated to joints issues and arthritis
- Reducing blood clots due to its blood thinning properties
- Helping irritable bowel diseases since it helps break down dietary fats
- Great antioxidant
- Boosting the immune system
When introducing turmeric into your pet's diet, it's best to start slow so that their digestive system becomes accustomed to it.
*If your pup has health concerns or is on medication, it is best to consult with your pet's Nutritionist or Veterinarian to see if turmeric is a right fit for them.
Here are some Grandma Lucy’s Products that contain this ancient spice:
- Macanna: Salmon, Beef, Turkey & Pre-mix recipes
- Moxie: Chicken, Beef & Turkey recipes
- 3 Bears: Beef, Chicken & Fish recipes
- Pumpkin Pouch: Inflammation
- Top It: Roast Turkey Dinner
1 to 1 1/2 Cups of filtered water
1/4 Cup of organic cold pressed coconut oil.